Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Running Drama


Good morning ladies, I went to sleep yesterday thinking if I was already getting pregnancy symptoms...ummmm Wrong! I google today side effects of Progesterone Suppositories and they mimic every pregnancy symptoms. My boobs are super sore and they are bigger, I get a little bit nausea if I don't eat for a long period of time, I'm super bloated and I get night sweats...all due to the suppositories. On top of everything every time that you go to the bathroom you get this oily stuff..Gross! Does anybody know any other source of progesterone that is less messy?


I have 10 more days to go do blood work, but next week on Wednesday I have the corporate run and my friends and I always run it and we have an awesome time trying to pass each other. After we BBQ and drink all night. But this year I don't know what to do, my husband doesn't want me to run at all, which I understand him. He tells me he doesn't want to risk anything after everything we have been through. But what do I say? How I'm going to tell my friends sorry I can run or drink after..they are going to be suspicious for sure! I need to come up with a plan soon, two of my friends are pregnant so I can walk with them but I have never done that. I'm extremely competitive and love to beat their running time. Any ideas on what should I do??

Attached is a picture of my hubby's nephew he's adorable! I can't wait for this to be us.

10 comments:

  1. I would say running would be fine, but maybe not an all out sprint the whole time. (Although admittedly, I would be nervous, too.) Maybe as far as drinking goes, you could tell them that you're on an anti-inflammatory that you can't mix with alcohol or something? Or maybe you could tell them you can't stay for drinking because you made dinner plans with your neighbors? I'm sure you'll get lots of good excuses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I have to start my progesterone suppositories this cycle too - are you using a liner? I heard you really should. How often do you have to do yours? Mine says 1/2 a suppository twice a day. I hope it works for us both!

    Oh I like A's comment on how you're on medicine that you cannot mix with alcohol - you could even blame the medicine for the run, say you might get light headed & faint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A light jog would probably be okay. Tell them you hurt your knee practicing and the doctor doesn't want you to run hard. Then, like A said, tell them he has you on some kind of medication for your injury and that's why you can't drink. I hope that, whatever you decide to tell them, it works and they don't ask questions.

    As for the suppositories, they are SO gross, but I've been told that they really are the best source of progesterone. I just had to stock up on panty liners. Do you put them in at night? That might also help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Progesterone Suppositories are just cruel. The first cycle I took them I had no idea that they caused pg symptoms so I was convinced I was preggers. Ugh. I think the other ladies are right on with you using the medication excuse etc. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Katie, I would feign an injury or illness. And then say you're on antibiotics and can't drink! I'm about to bust out some ridiculous excuse about a pulled hamstring or plantar fascitis so people at work and friends stop bugging me about how WEIRD it is that I'm not training for races this spring/summer. Who can argue with an injury or illness, right? Keep us posted...

    Here's the thing....lots of people ARE pregnant while on progesterone. So even if you're potentially getting symptoms from the supps, you still have awesome potential to be knocked up. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally faked an injury to get out of a tennis event last weekend. So, I agree with the others if that's what you want to do. I also think that a light run wouldn't hurt anything (remember, most people don't even know they're pregnant for many weeks). Hope your symptoms are totally prego hormones and not just the progesterone! Hang in there these next 10 days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your husband are so good looking; your children will be BEAUTIFUL! I agree with the ladies above, you can fake it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do what makes you feel comfortable, but my Dr told me they had done studies and anything you do 10 minutes after won't make a difference at all. I was still a bit nervous myself and took it easy for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Hope. Do what makes you and your hubs comfortable! It is you two that are important here, not the run!
    ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally do whatever eases you and hubby's mind. And if you have to fake an injury, then I say go for it!! Why worry about one more thing during the awful wait. And I so hear you on the supps, my boobs are killing me. Which I know if from the supps, but that was the one thing that I noticed when I did get preggers, so I've lost my only clue...grrr!!!

    ReplyDelete