Thursday, April 22, 2010

Footprints in the Sand

Every first and third Wednesday of the month we have prayer group with 8 couples that are really good friends with us and that also Catholic and yesterday it was at our house. Can you believe every single girl was pregnant expect me??? I felt so uncomfortable!! The only thing they would talk about was babies babies babies. I kept trying to change the conversation but it was impossible and of course the little remarks about when and why we were waiting bla bla bla was getting to me. Since we were leading prayer group my husband spoke about having Patience and how God's timing is always better than ours. For a moment there I thought I was going to start crying but I kept thinking that it was ok and that our time was probably here or that it was going to come soon. I know that he choose this topic because of me because he's a very patience person but I'm not and this has been the hardest thing we have ever gone through. Here's a poem that I always read and I know he's carrying me right now through this dark times. Everytime that I read it I cry because I have felt alone and/or forgotten so many times and I know that he has always been there with me while I was crying and suffering.




Thank you all for your great comments. Since there is 4 pregnant friends that are walking the Cooperate run I told them yesterday that I rather walk because my knee has been hurting and my trainer said to walk not run. They were all happy because I was walking with them =)

I have 8 days to go and time is going by sooooooo slow!! I feel like I'm going a bit crazy, the only thing that I think of is if I'm pregnant or not ahhhh. I need Friday April 30th to get here 911!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to bring yourself back and not let this get the best of you. And congrats for figuring out a good "lie" as to why you're going to walk! Enjoy it & have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire you for being able to sit through that and come out strong. And I love the excuse you came up with for the Corporate run. I hope the time starts going a little faster for both of us. I also have 8 days left in my 2WW and it feels like my IUI was forever ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing my friend. Keep your chin up. I have such high hopes that your waiting is almost over. :)

    PS Good job on the corporate run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your strength. You handled that so well hon! So glad to see that you are going to walk and not run. I hope it's done with good cause and that this will be your cycle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you didn't have to work hard at getting them to question why you weren't running. As for footprints, it has always been one of my favorites. And as always, I can't wait for you BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in a service recently when the pastor was talking about God's timing, and I choked up a bit too - wondering why God and I can't have the same idea about my being a mother. I've always loved this poem though... and I try to remember that His plan may be so much great than mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved this poem too!!
    I'm glad you figured out how to avoid the run! It all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, only a few more days my friend!! Thinking of you and hoping for nothing but a huge BFP at the end of this week!! And glad you got out of running without any suspiscion (sp)!!

    ReplyDelete