Thursday, May 6, 2010

Monkey Do first letter from Daddy

4 WEEKS

May 5, 2010

My dearest Little Monkey Do,

On February 18, 2000, I met Mami while I was at work. Here we are 10 years later, married for soon to be three, and waiting for you to grow and be in our lives. Like Mami, I have been waiting for you and praying for you to come. Although we waited a little, I knew that it was whenever God wanted to send you that you would come. And I am glad it was you. I love you so much and I don’t know you yet. I don’t know what color your eyes are going to be. I don’t know if you are going to have a lot of hair or a little like me (me now, when I was little I had A LOT of hair, I’ll show you in the pictures). I don’t know if you are going to be tall or short. What I do know is that I already love you more than words can explain. Your mother and I have brought you here by the love of God and will always make sure that you know that you are the most special gift God has ever given us.

I promise you that I will live every second of my life making sure that you are safe and that nothing will ever happen to you. You are very lucky to have the wonderful mother that you do. She is an amazing woman who loves you more than anything; just as I do. We are so excited to meet you in 8 months. I know that Mami already explained to you why we call you Monkey Do now, but know that Mami and I call each other that out of love. So if we call you Monkey Do now, it’s because we love you and you are a part of us. I pray for you every chance I get and I ask God to keep you and Mami safe so that we can meet soon.

I love you with all I have and more.!

Papi

p.s.

Austin can’t wait to play with you!

I have the sweetest husband in the world, this letter made me cry so much. Thank you God for all of blessings.

7 comments:

  1. This letter brought tears to my eyes. Your DH is so sweet! Thinking of you and praying for you and Monkey Do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious. Absolutely precious. Your son or daughter is so very very fortunate to have you two as parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Katie and Just Me! I can't wait for tomorrow to see that everything is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh pregnancy hormones! I can't even see the screen to write this. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this made me cry! How beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, that is the sweetest thing. Hope the appt went well today and your little bean is safe and healthy, thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. I just wanted to check in on you. I hope all is well. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete